|Handle||Ash Handle/Quince Ferrule|
This is a great starter set for someone who is looking to upgrade their knives. The 170 mm Bunka and the 135 mm petty are the two most versatile knife shapes and the first two that we would suggest to someone starting out their collection. The Bunka can be used for everything on the board, and the petty can be used for everything in hand. Made of a tough stainless called SLD you wont have to worry about these knives rusting on you, however we still suggest to keep them dry and clean so they can perform their best for a long time.
For more specific specs on the knives follow the links below to the product pages:
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.