SHARP Knife Shop
Takamura VG-10 Santoku 165 mm
|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||300 mm|
|Handle||Black Pakka Wood|
|Height Spine to Heel||46|
|Width at Spine||
Takamura is a small knife shop located in Echizen City, Japan run by third generation blacksmith Terukazu Takamura who inherited the business from his father. According to Takamura the three pillars of making a good knife are the steel, the forging process and sharpening, this might seem obvious but Takamura truly takes this to heart and it shows in the knives they make. These knives are quite light even when compared to some other Japanese knives and are beautifully balanced.
Santoku translates to three virtue's which refers to slicing, dicing and chopping... so pretty much anything you're going to do in the kitchen. Great for the person who wants that one knife they can grab and do pretty much anything with.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.