Yu Kurosaki Shizuku R2 Gyuto 210 mm
|Blade Length||210 mm|
|Total Length||355 mm|
|Steel||R2 (SG2) Powdered Steel|
|Height Spine to heel||47 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
These are easily some of the most beautiful knives we have at the shop. Made by Master Blacksmith Yu Kurosaki who works out of a newly constructed shop just steps from the Takefu knife village community centre. He began his blacksmith journey in 2002 at Kanehiro and now only 17 short years later he has been awarded his Master Blacksmith designation by the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation. His knives represent the future of Blacksmithing in Japan as he focuses on traditional technique while using innovative and progressive design's and finishes that have garnered the attention of many chef's around the globe. Simply put his knives are stunning to look at and dare we say perform even better than they look.
The Gyuto is a must have for the professional chef. The Japanese equivalent to a standard "chef's knife" it is the most versatile knife available and can slice, dice and chop whatever you need it to. This particular Gyuto has great weight to it, not too light but not heavy and has an unbelievable feel in the hand. It's profile lends itself well to both up and down chopping and/or a rocking motion and the fit and finish is pretty much perfect. This knife is beautifully balanced and is slightly blade heavy.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.