Yu Kurosaki Shizuku R2 Sujihiki 270 mm
|Blade Length||270 mm|
|Total Length||414 mm|
|Steel||R2 (SG2) Powdered Steel|
|Height Spine to heel||42 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
These are easily some of the most beautiful knives we have at the shop. Made by Master Blacksmith Yu Kurosaki who works out of a newly constructed shop just steps from the Takefu knife village community centre. He began his blacksmith journey in 2002 at Kanehiro and now only 17 short years later he has been awarded his Master Blacksmith designation by the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation. His knives represent the future of Blacksmithing in Japan as he focuses on traditional technique while using innovative and progressive design's and finishes that have garnered the attention of many chef's around the globe. Simply put his knives are stunning to look at and dare we say perform even better than they look.
Sujihiki translate to "flesh slicer" in english and describes this knife perfectly. Its long slender blade means the user can make long drawing strokes through various proteins achieving that perfect slice. This knife has near perfect fit and finish with no bumps on the handle between ferrule and rosewood and no gaps or spaces where the handle and blade are fixed together. It has the most amazing feel in the hand which is making this description hard to write because we don't want to put it down!
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.