|Blade Length||270 mm|
|Total Length||422 mm|
|Steel||Aogomi (Blue) #2|
|Height Spine to heel||36 mm|
|Width at Spine||3.5 mm|
A long blade that is short from heel to spine makes this style of knife perfect for slicing proteins. The long blade offers the opportunity to make long strokes which is necessary for achieving the perfect slice while the short profile reduces friction with the ingredient further improving its abilities in this area. The sujihiki is not a versatile shape and does not lend itself well to any other tasks.
Forged by a group of blacksmiths working out of Sanjo City, Japan. Fujimoto Nashiji are a great introduction to Japanese knives, or for the chef on a budget. Clad or sandwiched between two pieces of stainless steel the core Aogomi (blue) #2 steel provides some of the best edge retention you can find. Made from burnt chestnut with a plastic ferrule we at the shop have no problem with the handle, it's what you give up to get such great value for you money however. This knife is slightly blade heavy.
Knife Care (Stainless Clad)
- This knife is made from 3 layers of steel using a technique called Sanmai (Forge welding). It involves laminating a piece of Carbon steel with two pieces of Stainless steel giving the knife all the benefits of the carbon steel (Edge retention, ease of sharpening, cutting feel) and the Ease of Maintenance from Stainless steel. 2-3 millimeters of the carbon steel is exposed at the edge of the knife and is susceptible to rust and discouloration if not properly maintained.
- Simply Wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use to keep it from rusting or discouloring.
- Never put your knife in the Dishwasher. The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.