Included in this set is a 165 mm (6.5") Santoku and a 135 mm (5.5") Petty knife. They make a great pairing for any home cook looking to upgrade their kitchen knife game. Made from a stainless steel called VG-10 they are rust resistant and will never discolour.
The word santoku translates to three virtue's which refers to either slicing, dicing and chopping or meat, fish and vegetables depending on who you ask. Basically the name implies the versatility of the knife which is what has made it the most versatile knife shape in Japanese home kitchens today. Couple this Santoku with a petty knife which is used for smaller random tasks like slicing steaks, small vegetable prep and other more intricate tasks in addition to being a great butchery knife and you have a set of knives that can accomplish 99% of what you will come across in the kitchen.
For more detailed information on each of the knives follow the links below!
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.