|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||290 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||45 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
For those of you who want to get into Japanese cutlery but don't want to spend too much we introduce the Tsuchime line from Ittetsu Hamono! Ittetsu is the shops house brand and we've been working for a long time to find high performing, affordable knives to offer our customers. These are made for us in a factory setting in Seki city, a region renowned for its Cutlery manufacturing which dates back centuries. These knives are great for home cooks and beginner chef's as they are easy to maintain being made from Stainless steel, are super duper sharp right out of the box and have a more familiar western style handle.
The word Santoku translates to "Three Virtues" which refers to slicing, dicing and chopping or meat, fish and vegetables depening on who you talk to. Basically the name implies the knifes extreme versatility which is what's made it the most popular knife in Japanese home kitchens today. Great for the home cook looking for that one go-to knife they can grab to do anything or for the professional looking for something compact and nimble but capable and versatile.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.