|Blade Length||150 mm|
|Total Length||288 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||39 mm|
|Width at Spine||2.8 mm|
The Honesuki was designed specifically for breaking down chickens but we at the shop find it very useful for all sorts of butchery tasks; Whether it's poultry, small game or large tasks like deboning a pork shoulder this knife shape performs exceptionally well. The slightly short blade with an aggressive tip makes it easy to get inbetween joints and around bones and the blade is slightly thicker at the spine to give it a bit more "umpf". This knife should NOT be used to go through bones as it is still very thin behind the edge and will chip if used this way.
Ittetsu is our house brand and we work with blacksmiths all over Japan to find knives to stock at our shop under this name. These particular blades are made for us by a group of Blacksmiths working out of the Sanjo region, they are hand forged from a stainless steel called SLD which has very good edge retention and great rust resistance.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.