|Handle||Ash Handle/Quince Ferrule|
This is a slightly more specialised set with more task specific knives, but with enough utility to get you through hosting a Thanksgiving dinner, to a busy Friday service. Wether you're just looking to get a set of knives that can cover everything from meat, fish and veg or you already have a gyuto and are looking to expand the set with some more specific use knives this is a great set. The petty knife is great for delicate cuts like garlic and shallots, peeling or capping veg, and butchery tasks the nakiri will help you fly through veg prep tasks and the sujihiki will make sure you get smooth cuts on your proteins without sawing back and fourth damaging them, also great to break down larger fish like salmon. They're made out of a tough stainless called SLD so you won't have to worry about them rusting but we still suggest keeping them dry and clean to keep them performing their best for as long as possible between sharpenings.
For more specific specs on the knives follow the links below to the product pages:
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.