|Blade Length||150 mm|
|Total Length||270 mm|
|Ferrule||Red Pakka wood|
|Height Spine to heel||29 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
Yoshimi Kato-san works out of the Takefu Knife village and took over the Family business from his father in 2013. His Father Hiroshi Kato-san started the shop in the late 1960's and was inaugurated as the 4th Chairman of the Takefu Knife village in 1994. Making incredible knives runs in the family obviously and we're very excited to have these incredibly sharp knives in our shop. They have one of the most beautiful damascus patterns we have ever seen and are sharpened by famous knife sharpener Makoto Kurosaki-san; brother of one of our favorite knifemakers Yu Kurosaki-san.
This petty is absolutely beautiful! The Honduras rosewood handle has a really interesting grain pattern which contrasts really nicely with the red pakka wood ferrule. The knife itself is very light and is balanced right at the ferrule, super thin at the spine and very thin behind the edge. The blackened R2 (SG2) steel is layered with nickle which creates that beautiful contrast between dark and shiny and the 65 layer pattern achieved is stunning to look at. As much a piece of art as it is a high performing tool.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.