|Blade Length||210 mm|
|Total Length||340 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||47 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
Yoshimi Kato-san works out of the Takefu Knife village and took over the Family business from his father in 2013. His Father Hiroshi Kato-san started the shop in the late 1960's and was inaugurated as the 4th Chairman of the Takefu Knife village in 1994. Making incredible knives runs in the family obviously and we're very excited to have these incredibly sharp knives in our shop. They have one of the most beautiful damascus patterns we have ever seen and are sharpened by famous knife sharpener Makoto Kurosaki-san; brother of one of our favorite knifemakers Yu Kurosaki-san.
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to a standard western style chef's knife and is an essential for the professional cook/chef. It is without question the most versatile knife available and can handle a wide variety of tasks. If you're a home cook they are a great option as well provided you are comfortable with the length.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.