This set is for those who love the Kurouchi finish and all the tender, loving care that is required to maintain them. All three of these knives are made from carbon steels with a soft iron cladding, perfect for those who love to experiment with different finishes while sharpening. A perfect trio for the professional or home cook; included is a 240 mm Kiritsuke from Moritaka Hamono for all the big stuff, a 165 mm Santoku from Kajibee for more intricate tasks and a 120 mm Petty from Mazaki-san great for garnishes and butchery.
We're excited to offer this set as we feel it's a great way to see the intricacies of each makers Kurouchi finish. They are all beautiful in their own way but of course each makers version will be slightly different.
For more detailed information on any of these knives please follow the links below :
Knife Care (Iron Clad)
- This Knife is made from 3 layers of material; A layer of iron on each side protecting a layer of carbon steel at the core, in a process referred to as Sanmai or forge welding. Iron and carbon steel are both susceptible to rust and must be kept dry and clean at all time’s to avoid oxidation and discolouration.
- Simply wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher! The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.