|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||315 mm|
|Steel||Shirogami #2 (White)|
|Height Spine to heel||30 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Masamoto Hamono is a very famous workshop located in the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo. They have built a fantastic reputation based on impeccable grinds and tapering, heat treatment and over build quality and it truly shows in this petty knife. At 165 mm it is the longest we have in the shop and is an absolute lazer beam! Beautifully balanced and great feel in the hand.
Petty knives are an essential for home cooks and professionals. They are great for all those little jobs you come across throughout your day and are adept at slicing and performing more intricate vegetable work. They function very well at many butchery tasks too. Great for anyone who is looking for something compact, yet versatile and capable.
Knife Care (Carbon Steel)
- This knife is made from Carbon steel and is susceptible to rust and discolouration.
- Simply wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher! The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.