|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||291 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||45 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.8 mm|
Masutani-san works in a small shop behind his house located in the famous Takefu Knife village. He primarily works on his own but gets help from his two grandson's on the weekends and his Son in law who he would like to take over the business when he retires. He is a master sharpener and takes great pride in making sure every knife that leaves his shop is razor sharp. He makes beautiful and affordable knives that we highly recommend to home users looking for something that performs well, won't break the bank and is easy to maintain.
Fantastic Nakiri for home users especially vegetarians/vegans. Nakiri are designed specifically for vegetable chopping due to their tall blades and flat edges which are ideal for up and down chopping. This knife has a very slight curve to the blade though so if you prefer to use a rocking motion when chopping you're perfectly capable of doing so. Nice and light, thin blade that has an amazing cutting feel it's balance is slightly blade heavy. We like to call Nakiri the stirfry knife as it can help you get one done in mere minutes once you've mastered the up and down chopping motion.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.