Matsutani-san Migaki Santoku 165 mm
|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||310 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||47 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Masutani-san works in a small shop behind his house located in the famous Takefu Knife village. He primarily works on his own but gets help from his two grandson's on the weekends and his Son in law who he would like to take over the business when he retires. He is a master sharpener and takes great pride in making sure every knife that leaves his shop is razor sharp. He makes beautiful and affordable knives that we highly recommend to home users looking for something that performs well, won't break the bank and is easy to maintain.
We highly recommend this knife to the Home Cooks that come into our shop because it looks super cool, feels great in the hand and is easy to maintain. Furthermore the Santoku shape is very versatile and great for almost any cutting task. The word translates to Three virtue's which refers to, depending on who you talk to, either slicing, dicing and chopping or meat, fish and vegetables - basically the name attempts to bring light to its extreme versatility. If you're looking for that one knife that can do it all, the Santoku is a great option.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.