SHARP Knife Shop
Miki Hamono Damascus Gyuto 240 mm
|Blade Length||240 mm|
|Total Length||370 mm|
|Handle||Black Pakka wood|
|Height Spine to heel||50 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
Miki Hamono is a small group of blacksmiths working together out of a shop in Miki City, Japan. They work with VG-10 high carbon stainless steel and produce knives with stelar sharpness and a great feel in the hand. Their knives balance almost perfectly down the middle but lean towards bein slightly blade heavy. They are very light and thin blades with and incredible cutting feel.
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to a standard french style chef's knife and is an essential for the professional cook/chef. It is the most versatile knife shape available and is adept at slicing, dicing and chopping; can be used to breakdown fish and perform other butchery tasks and pretty much anything else you can throw at it.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.