SHARP Knife Shop
Miki Hamono Damascus Nakiri 165 mm
|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||285 mm|
|Handle||Black Pakka wood|
|Height Spine to heel||46 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
Miki Hamono is a small group of blacksmiths working together out of a shop in Miki City, Japan. They work with VG-10 high carbon stainless steel and produce knives with stelar sharpness and a great feel in the hand. Their knives balance almost perfectly down the middle but lean towards bein slightly blade heavy. They are very light and thin blades with and incredible cutting feel.
The Nakiri is designed specifically for chopping vegetables. It's tall blade provides a great amount of travel for the users knuckles and it's flat spine allows the user to flip the knife over and use it to scrape ingredients along the board without damaging the cutting edge. The large surface area also helps with moving ingredients around as it functions well as a scope for lack of a better term.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.