SHARP Knife Shop
Miki Hamono Damascus Petty 150 mm
|Blade Length||150 mm|
|Total Length||260 mm|
|Handle||Black Pakka wood|
|Height Spine to heel||29 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
Miki Hamono is a small group of blacksmiths working together out of a shop in Miki City, Japan. They work with VG-10 high carbon stainless steel and produce knives with stelar sharpness and a great feel in the hand. Their knives balance almost perfectly down the middle but lean towards bein slightly blade heavy. They are very light and thin blades with and incredible cutting feel.
Petty knives are great for all the little things; shallots, garlic, chilies and other small vegetables are easily handled with this blade. Functions very well as a boning knife as well; Breaking down chickens, rabbits and other small game is a breeze, it can even handle larger pieces of meat like de-boning a pork shoulder for example. For professionals this is the go to "line knife" as it doesn't take up much space during service but is agile and capable. For the home cook it's a great knife to leave out all day on the countertop for the same reasons and makes breakfast and lunch prep fast and simple.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.