|Steel Type :||Aogami #2 Iron Clad|
|Handle Material||Walnut W/pakka wood ferrule|
|HRC (Rockwell Rating)||62|
This set is a match made in heaven for the professional or Home cook doing a lot of meat butchery and slicing, perfect for the BBQ lover in our minds. The honesuki is designed specifically to break down poultry but it is adept at many other butchery tasks like deboning a pork shoulder for instance. The Kiritsuke is a do it all type knife similar to a Gyuto and is great for chopping vegetables, more intricate preparations because of the reverse tanto tip and is a great slicer.
For more information about each of the knives follow the links below:
Knife Care (Iron Clad)
- This Knife is made from 3 layers of material; A layer of iron on each side protecting a layer of carbon steel at the core, in a process referred to as Sanmai or forge welding. Iron and carbon steel are both susceptible to rust and must be kept dry and clean at all time’s to avoid oxidation and discolouration.
- Simply wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher! The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.