|Blade Length||240 mm|
|Total Length||378 mm|
|Steel||Aogomi (Blue) Super|
|Handle||2nd Shot recycled skate deck|
|Height Spine to heel||42 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Super Excited to have these in the shop. These amazing Moritaka blades have been made even better with these handles from 2nd Shot located in Grand Valley Ontario. 2nd shot works with old recycled skateboard decks to create these incredible handles. The laminated skate decks create a super cool mosaic pattern and each handle is handmade, one of a kind. They are a bit on the chunky side so if you prefer a larger handle these will be right up your alley.
Sujihiki are designed for slicing. Whether that be raw fish, roast turkey or brisket off the BBQ the long slender blade allows the user to make long, drawing strokes so as not to saw and tear apart flesh.
Knife Care (Iron Clad)
- This Knife is made from 3 layers of material; A layer of iron on each side protecting a layer of carbon steel at the core, in a process referred to as Sanmai or forge welding. Iron and carbon steel are both susceptible to rust and must be kept dry and clean at all time’s to avoid oxidation and discolouration.
- Simply wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher! The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.