SHARP Knife Shop
Nishida Gyuto 240 mm
|Blade Length||240 mm|
|Total Length||410 mm|
|Steel||Shirogami (White) #1|
|Height Spine to heel||57 mm|
|Width at Spine||3 mm|
Nishida-san Is a young blacksmith working in the south of Japan near Kumamoto. He is in his late thirties which makes him very young in the blacksmithing world but your wouldn’t know it using his knives. He prefers to work with Shirogami (White) #1 steel using the traditional forge-welding technique that he learned making hunting knives from his master Hayashi-san. He later taught himself how to apply this technique to the forging of kitchen knives which has become his specialty since opening his own shop 13 years ago. His knives are great for those who prefer a knife with a little weight to them and for people who like a good amount of blade height.
Gyuto's are a great all purpose knife. Inspired by the traditional western style chef's knife these knives can do it all. Ranging from 180 mm up to 270 mm these knives are great for chopping vegetables and herbs, slicing meat and anything else you can throw at it.
Knife Care (Iron Clad)
- This Knife is made from 3 layers of material; A layer of iron on each side protecting a layer of carbon steel at the core, in a process referred to as Sanmai or forge welding. Iron and carbon steel are both susceptible to rust and must be kept dry and clean at all time’s to avoid oxidation and discolouration.
- Simply wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher! The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.