|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||310 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||49 mm|
|Width at Spine||2.5 mm|
Shiro Kamo-san is one of the most experienced and well regarded smiths we have the pleasure of working with here at our shop. He was born into a blacksmith family and knew from an early age he would one day take over the family business as many days in his childhood were speant hanging out at his father Toukichi Kamo's shop. In 1993 he helped in the founding of the Takefu knife village which is a region world renowned for it's knife production and was appointed to chairman of the Takefu knife village in 2010. He has sinced stepped down from this position but now works as the Chairman of the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation.
This bunka is great for those who love the look of this particular shape but aren't keen on the normally flat profile of standard bunka's. This Bunka has a very curvy profile which is great for rock chopping. Bunka's are very similar to Santoku's in their usage and are extremely versatile; They are a fantastic option for the home cook looking for that "go-to" knife they grab and use for pretty much everything and great for the professional looking for something compact, nimble and capable.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.