|Blade Length||270 mm|
|Total Length||428 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||40 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Shiro Kamo-san is one of the most experienced and well regarded smiths we have the pleasure of working with here at our shop. He was born into a blacksmith family and knew from an early age he would one day take over the family business as many days in his childhood were speant hanging out at his father Toukichi Kamo's shop. In 1993 he helped in the founding of the Takefu knife village which is a region world renowned for it's knife production and was appointed to chairman of the Takefu knife village in 2010. He has sinced stepped down from this position but now works as the Chairman of the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation.
The Sujihiki is meant for all things slicing. Whether that be the roast turkey for thanksgiving dinner or delicate raw fish, the long and slender blade allows the user to make long drawing strokes and avoid having to saw through proteins thereby shredding them up. Get the perfect slice every-time with one of these! Not the most versatile shape in the world however so if you're looking for something to slice and chop vegetables we recommend a Gyuto in the 240 mm range.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.