|Blade Length||135 mm|
|Total Length||275 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||28 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Shiro Kamo-san is one of the most experienced and well regarded smiths we have the pleasure of working with here at our shop. He was born into a blacksmith family and knew from an early age he would one day take over the family business as many days in his childhood were speant hanging out at his father Toukichi Kamo's shop. In 1993 he helped in the founding of the Takefu knife village which is a region world renowned for it's knife production and was appointed to chairman of the Takefu knife village in 2010. He has sinced stepped down from this position but now works as the Chairman of the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation.
Petty knives are super versatile, general purpose knives meant for smaller and more intricate vegetable prep and also work well as a boning knife. Great for the professional to take care of your garnishes or other small jobs that come up throughout the day and a great option for breaking down chickens, de-boning large pieces of meat or taking the silver skin off a tenderloin for instance. For the home cook it's a great knife to leave out on the countertop all day to take care of the small random tasks that come up during breakfast and lunch ex, cutting up fruit for breakfast, slicing small veg or cutting a sandwich in half.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.