Takamura VG-10 Petty 135 mm
|Blade Length||135 mm|
|Total Length||245 mm|
|Handle||Black Pakka Wood|
|Height Spine to Heel||27|
|Width At Spine||1 mm|
Takamura is a small knife shop located in Echizen City, Japan run by third generation blacksmith Terukazu Takamura who inherited the business from his father. According to Takamura the three pillars of making a good knife are the steel, the forging process and sharpening, this might seem obvious but Takamura truly takes this to heart and it shows in the knives they make. These knives are quite light even when compared to some other Japanese knives and are beautifully balanced.
Petty knives are great for all the little things; chopping up shallots and garlic, triming the fat from meat and even some small butchery tasks. Pair it with a santoku if you're a home cook and you'll have everything you need to be successful. As a professional, these knives can handle breaking down chickens, other small animals and even some fish and can even handle some slicing jobs, the perfect knife to use during service on line where space is limited.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.