Hokiyama Hamono Co., LTD
Tosaichi Bright Kiritsuke 240 mm
|Blade Length||240 mm|
|Total Length||375 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||4 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Made in a factory setting in the Tosa region using a unique process called roll forging. This technique blends modern manufacturing with traditional forging techniques giving the knife the benifit of both worlds; a beautifully made knife with great fit and finish and supremely sharp with great edge retention. Head Blacksmith Suzuki-san loves experimenting with new steel types and takes a great deal of pride in the quenching and heat treating processes he uses to make his knives. They are a fantastic option for the first time Japanese knife buyer or for the chef looking for something on the more affordable side.
The Kiritsuke is a super fun shape and can be used much like a Gyuto (Chef's Knife) and is extremely versatile especially at the 240 mm length. The aggresively shaped tip, coupled with the flat blade profile make this knife a great slicer and up and down chopper which is why we recommend it to BBQ lovers. Also great for those who prefer a knife with a bit more weight to it than a typical Japanese knife but want the benefit of the Japanese steel and the cool aesthetic.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.