Tosaichi Nashiji Ginsan Gyuto 240 mm (Custom Handle)
Located in Tosa city, Japan these knives are forged for us by a group of blacksmiths over seen by head blacksmith Suzuki-san. The history of Tosaichi Hamono can be traced back 800 years and is rooted in traditional forging techniques developed over the centuries coupled with new age techniques that make for some really beautiful knives at affordable prices. They work with a wide variety of steels which allows them to offer knives that are suitable for many people.
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to the standard western style Chef's knife and we would argue is an essential for any professional. It is the most versatile knife available especially something such as this in the 240 mm range. That extra length is going to make slicing tasks much easier and should you feel comfortable with the size it's perfectly adept at chopping vegetables and doing more intricate work.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.