|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||285 mm|
|Steel||Gingami #3 stainless steel|
|Height Spine to heel||51 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Made in a factory setting in the Tosa region using a unique process called roll forging. This technique blends modern manufacturing with traditional forging techniques giving the knife the benifit of both worlds; a beautifully made knife with great fit and finish and supremely sharp with great edge retention.
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to a standard french style chef's knife and is an essential for the professional cook/chef. It is the most versatile knife shape available and is adept at slicing, dicing and chopping; can be used to breakdown fish and perform other butchery tasks and pretty much anything else you can throw at it.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.