|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||305 mm|
|Height Spine to Heel||47 mm|
|Width at spine||1.8 mm|
Located in Tosa city, Japan these knives are forged for us by a group of blacksmiths over seen by head blacksmith Suzuki-san. The history of Tosaichi Hamono can be traced back 800 years and is rooted in traditional forging techniques developed over the centuries coupled with new age techniques that make for some really beautiful knives at affordable prices. They work with a wide variety of steels which allows them to offer knives that are suitable for many people.
The Santoku shape is very versatile and great for almost any cutting task. The word translates to Three virtue's which refers to, depending on who you talk to, either slicing, dicing and chopping or meat, fish and vegetables - basically the name attempts to bring light to its extreme versatility. If you're looking for that one knife that can do it all, the Santoku is a great option.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.