SHARP Knife Shop
Tosaichi Tsuchime Gyuto 210 mm
|Blade Length||210 mm|
|Total Length||335 mm|
|Steel||Aogomi Super Steel w/stainless cladding|
|Height Spine to heel||45 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.8 mm|
These knives are made for us by a group of Blacksmiths working out of the Tosa region. They are a fantastic introduction into Japanese Carbon steel as the carbon steel at the core is protected from rust by the stainless steel on the outerlayer; This gives the user the benefit of the ease of maintenance from the stainless and the better edge retention, sharpenability and overall superior cutting feel of carbon.
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to a standard french style chef's knife and is an essential for the professional cook/chef. It is the most versatile knife shape available and is adept at slicing, dicing and chopping; can be used to breakdown fish and perform other butchery tasks and pretty much anything else you can throw at it.
Knife Care (Stainless Clad)
- This knife is made from 3 layers of steel using a technique called Sanmai (Forge welding). It involves laminating a piece of Carbon steel with two pieces of Stainless steel giving the knife all the benefits of the carbon steel (Edge retention, ease of sharpening, cutting feel) and the Ease of Maintenance from Stainless steel. 2-3 millimeters of the carbon steel is exposed at the edge of the knife and is susceptible to rust and discouloration if not properly maintained.
- Simply Wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use to keep it from rusting or discouloring.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the Dishwasher. The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.