|Blade Length||180 mm|
|Total Length||325 mm|
|Ferrule/End Cap||Buffalo Horn|
|Height Spine to heel||49 mm|
|Width at Spine||4 mm|
Tsukasa Hinoura is a third generation blacksmith that works in the Sanjo region of Japan. He is renowned worldwide for his incredible knives and most specifically for these river jump damascus knives that he forges from Shirogami #2 steel then sharpens using a progression of natural whetstones to achieve some of the sharpest edges we have every encountered. The fit and finish on these knives is spectacular and the d-shaped Enju handles have fantastic feel in the hand.
Knife Care (Iron Clad)
- This Knife is made from 3 layers of material; A layer of iron on each side protecting a layer of carbon steel at the core, in a process referred to as Sanmai or forge welding. Iron and carbon steel are both susceptible to rust and must be kept dry and clean at all time’s to avoid oxidation and discolouration.
- Simply wipe the knife with a damp cloth immediately after use.
- Wash with regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Never put your knife in the dishwasher! The extreme heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Highly acidic ingredients (Onions, Tomatoes, Citrus) Will cause rust and oxidation to happen faster, thus the user must ensure the knife is wiped clean immediately after working with such an ingredient.
- Should any rust form it can be removed using a rust eraser or a mixture of Baking soda and water to simply scrub it clean.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.