Yamamoto Black Damascus Gyuto 180 mm
|Blade Length||180 mm|
|Total Length||355 mm|
|Height Spine to Heel||45 mm|
|Width at Spine||2.8 mm|
*Free saya with purchase!!
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to a chef’s knife. Easily the most versatile shape available they can be used to slice, dice and chop Fruits and vegetables, meat and fish and anything else in between. They have a slightly curved profile which makes the adpet at both a push and pull cutting motion and a rocking motion. Ranging in size from 150 mm all the way to 300 mm the longer the knife themore versatile provided you’re comfortable using it.
Yamamoto-san has apprenticed in Takefu Knife village for many years and recently opened his own shop in 2013. Born in 1979 he is relatively young for a blacksmith with his reputation and it shows in the stellar sharpness and overall quality of his knives. He was awarded his traditional craftsman award this year in 2019 and we’re looking forward to watching his development as a blacksmith for many years.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.