Yoshida Gyuto Polished 210 mm
|Blade Length||210 mm|
|Total Length||381 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||45 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.8 mm|
Yoshida Hamono is a small shop located in Saga city, Japan on the southern Island of Kyushu. They are like most other Hamono in Japan a Family business and have a long history of forging knives, katana and agricultural tools by hand. They make very high-quality knives made from a steel called ZDP-189 which has become popular among knife enthusiast’s and chef’s alike for its incredible edge retention. Osamu-san is a master working with this steel which is notorious for being incredibly difficult to work with due to Its hardness (HRC 68) and the knives he produces are both beautiful and very high performing. We would characterize the knives Yoshida Hamono makes as being thin and light with very good fit and finish and great performance.
The Gyuto is the Japanese equivalent to the standard chef’s knife in the western world. It is a must have for professional’s and a great option for most home cooks provided they are comfortable with its length. It is the most versatile knife available and can do it all.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.