|Blade Length||165 mm|
|Total Length||312 mm|
|Steel||R2 (SG2) Powdered Steel|
|Height Spine to heel||45 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
These are easily some of the most beautiful knives we have at the shop. Made by Master Blacksmith Yu Kurosaki who works out of a newly constructed shop just steps from the Takefu knife village community centre. He began his blacksmith journey in 2002 at Kanehiro and now only 17 short years later he has been awarded his Master Blacksmith designation by the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation. His knives represent the future of Blacksmithing in Japan as he focuses on traditional technique while using innovative and progressive design's and finishes that have garnered the attention of many chef's around the globe. Simply put his knives are stunning to look at and dare we say perform even better than they look.
This Santoku is on our list of dream knives. It just feels right in your hand. It has superb fit and finish with no bumps on the handle and no spaces where the handle and blade are fixed together. The tsuchime finish is different on each knife but no one is more beautiful than the other, each knife is stunning and unique.
the Santoku shape is very versatile and great for almost any cutting task. The word translates to Three virtue's which refers to-depending on who you talk to-either slicing, dicing and chopping or meat, fish and vegetables; Basically the name attempts to bring light to its extreme versatility. If you're looking for that one knife that can do it all, the Santoku is a great option.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.