|Blade Length||270 mm|
|Total Length||410 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||44 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.5 mm|
Absolutely Beautiful work from Kurosaki-san on these knives. Made from R2 quick powered stainless tool steel they have fantastic edge retention and are resistant to rust. We really love the unique Tsuchime finish Kurosaki-san puts on his knives and these knives from his Shizuku line are striking to say the least. The vibrant handles offer even more to the beauty of this knife and help to make it one of the most gorgeous knives we've ever had in our shop. Shizuku translates to "drip" or "waterdrop" and the unique hammered finish is meant to make the blade look like it's glistening from moisture. Kurosaki-san works out of the famous Takefu knife village and he has achieved the rank of Master blacksmith, a designation he is extremely proud of and one we feel he is most certainly deserving of.
This Sujihiki has to be the most gorgeous we've ever had in the shop and that's saying something because we've had some pretty incredible sujihiki's come through in the past. The aggressively shaped k-tip really makes this knife stand out along with the stunningly beautiful handle. Deserving of a spot in any serious knife collectors kit.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.