|Blade Length||135 mm|
|Total Length||245 mm|
|Height Spine to heel||37 mm|
|Width at Spine||1.8 mm|
Masutani-san works in a small shop behind his house located in the famous Takefu Knife village. He primarily works on his own but gets help from his two grandson's on the weekends and his Son in law who he would like to take over the business when he retires. He is a master sharpener and takes great pride in making sure every knife that leaves his shop is razor sharp. He makes beautiful and affordable knives that we highly recommend to home users looking for something that performs well, won't break the bank and is easy to maintain.
Petty knives are great for all the little things: Chopping shallots and garlic, mincing herbs and butchering small proteins. They function perfectly as a line knife as well as they're nimble, don't take up much space but can still accomplish a wide variety of tasks. This also makes them a great option for home cooks looking for something capable they can leave out on the counter all day.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.