Shigeki Tanaka R2 Damascus Nakiri 165 mm
|Blade Length||240 mm|
|Total Length||374 mm|
|Ferrule||Black Pakka Wood|
|Height Spine to heel||53 mm|
|Width at Spine||2 mm|
Shigeki Tanaka started his blacksmith journey when he apprenticed in the Takefu knife village near Echizen city for three years. A region renowned for it's cutlery making and forging techniques he learned the intricacies of hand forging blades used for food production there. He later moved back to Miki City to continue his work at his Family's shop where they primarily made sickles and other agricultural tools. Now the shop focuses on Kitchen knives and has gained a reputation worldwide for producing some of the best knives available. This particular line of knives is made from SG2 (R2) powdered stainless steel and features a beautiful Damascus pattern. They have gorgeous walnut handles with pakka wood ferrules with impeccable fit and finish and outstanding edge retention and overall performance. These knives are a functional piece of art and would make a great addition to any collection.
This Nakiri has great feel in the hand and is balanced forward slightly making this knife a bit blade heavy. It has a relatively flat profile making it perfect for up and down chopping but also has a very slight up curve making a rocking motion possible.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.