|Blade Length||120 mm|
|Total Length||237 mm|
|Steel||R2 (SG2) Powdered Steel|
|Height Spine to heel||32 mm|
|Width at Spine||1 mm|
These are easily some of the most beautiful knives we have at the shop. Made by Master Blacksmith Yu Kurosaki who works out of a newly constructed shop just steps from the Takefu knife village community centre. He began his blacksmith journey in 2002 at Kanehiro and now only 17 short years later he has been awarded his Master Blacksmith designation by the Echizen Blacksmith Foundation. His knives represent the future of Blacksmithing in Japan as he focuses on traditional technique while using innovative and progressive design's and finishes that have garnered the attention of many chef's around the globe. Simply put his knives are stunning to look at and dare we say perform even better than they look.
Petty knives are great for all the little things; shallots, garlic, chilies and other small vegetables are easily handled with this blade. Functions very well as a boning knife as well; Breaking down chickens, rabbits and other small game is a breeze, it can even handle larger pieces of meat like de-boning a pork shoulder for example. For professionals this is the go to "line knife" as it doesn't take up much space during service but is agile and capable. For the home cook it's a great knife to leave out all day on the countertop for the same reasons and makes breakfast and lunch prep fast and simple.
Knife Care (Stainless Steel)
- Although this knife is made from stainless steel we do still encourage our customers to keep their knives as dry and clean as possible.
- NO DISHWASHER - the high heat will ruin the wooden handle.
- Wash and dry by hand using regular dish soap and warm water using a none abrasive sponge or cloth.
- Ensure the knife is dry before being put away for storage and ensure the edge of the knife is protected to avoid any unnecessary dulling.
- Avoid Bones, Frozen foods, nuts and hard candies or anything other than fruits, vegetables and proteins.